The WEST VALLEY EDUCATION FOUNDATION was created to enrich and help maximize the quality of education in the schools of the district by providing financial support for programs that assist in achieving academic excellence. To this end, the Foundation developed the Student Academic Scholarship Program.
The West Valley Education Foundation Academic Scholarship Program is expected to financially assist qualified applicants in obtaining degrees or certificates from accredited academic institutions of higher learning or career and technical institutions. The program is open to any student preparing to enter or already attending these institutions.
Scholarships will be awarded based on merit as measured by academic performance and defined extracurricular activities; leadership; and, when appropriate, financial need.
Up to Fifteen Scholarship Awards of $1,000 each will be awarded for the 2018-2019 school year.
If you have any questions, please contact the West Valley Education Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org or 924-2150.
West Valley Education Foundation Goals
- To encourage academic excellence in the West Valley School District schools by providing funding not available through traditional local, state or federal sources.
- To provide a perpetual source of funds through donations received from individuals, corporations, foundations, fund raising projects and interest earned on endowment funds.
- To serve as a catalyst and conduit for involving the community in the West Valley School District.
All application materials should be submitted to your high school counselor or sent to the West Valley Education Foundation, 2805 North Argonne Road, Spokane, WA. 99212. To be considered for an award, all of the following items must be received by the Foundation by March 30, 2018:
- A completed Application Form
- Two letters of reference (from those who are not relatives of the candidate) that address the suitability of the candidate for the award, nature of the relationship with the candidate and length of time of the relationship.
- Student/Applicant Verification Form
- Parent/Guardian Verification Form
- West Valley School District graduate
- Academic achievements
- School activities
- Community/civic activities
- Part-time work
- Financial need
- Letters of recommendation
Note: The above criteria are unweighted and unranked.
- Maintain an overall post-secondary GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale or equivalent each semester
- Receipt of another full-tuition scholarship reduces or eliminates the West Valley Scholarship.
All materials submitted for consideration for a scholarship automatically become the physical property of the West Valley Education Foundation and will not be returned to the sender.