March 1, 2021: The application for 2021-2022 scholarship awards has been posted, please see details and the link below. If you have questions about the application please contact email@example.com
The WEST VALLEY EDUCATION FOUNDATION was created to enrich and help maximize the quality of education in the schools of the district by providing financial support for programs that assist in achieving academic excellence. To this end, the Foundation developed the Student Academic Scholarship Program.
The West Valley Education Foundation Academic Scholarship Program is expected to financially assist qualified applicants in obtaining degrees or certificates from accredited academic institutions of higher learning or career and technical institutions. The program is open to any student preparing to enter or already attending these institutions.
Scholarships will be awarded based on merit as measured by academic performance and defined extracurricular activities; leadership; and, when appropriate, financial need.
For the upcoming 2021 – 2022 school year the Foundation will offer the following scholarships for West Valley School District students and graduates
- West Valley Education Foundation Scholarship – up to fifteen awards of $1,500 each
- Crowley Scholarship – up to two awards of $1,500 each
- Elberta Walker Memorial Scholarship – one award of $1,000
- Jeremy McSpadden Jr. Memorial Scholarship* – up to two awards of $500 each
- Jerry Harrington Memorial Scholarship* – one award of $1,000
- Liberg Memorial Scholarship – up to two awards of $500 each
- McLachlan Gorton Scholarship* – one award of $1,500
- Phipps Draper Scholarship* – one award of $1,500
- Sophie Hawley Memorial Scholarship* – up to ten of $1,000 each / up to 5 awards of $500 each for past past WVSD graduates pursuing a nursing degree
*Specific scholarship applicant eligibility requirements apply
The application form is now available online and provides a 100% paperless application process. This application form will be used to apply to any of the scholarship awards noted above.
To be considered for any award, all application forms and materials must be received by the Foundation by April 23, 2021:
- A completed Application Form (available online).
- A completed Applicant Appraisal Form (available online and to be completed on behalf of the applicant).
- A completed Transcript Form (available online and to be completed on behalf of the applicant).
- Two Letters of Recommendation (submission form available online for uploading letters).
- West Valley School District graduate
- Academic achievements
- School activities
- Community/civic activities
- Part-time work
- Financial need
- Letters of recommendation
Note: The above criteria are unweighted and unranked.
- Maintain an overall post-secondary GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale or equivalent each semester
- Receipt of another full-tuition scholarship reduces or eliminates the West Valley Scholarship.
All materials submitted for consideration for a scholarship automatically become the physical property of the West Valley Education Foundation and will not be returned to the sender.